Sunday, September 14, 2014

The beginning

On September 2, 2014 I entered into a wonderful new year of schooling. Instead of sending all of my children off onto the bus, I have begun homeschooling. right now I only have Bri home. My oldest has some issues and is currently in a placement. He should be home soon and I will homeschool him also. My daughter, Bri, struggles with traditional school life with ADD. Coming to the decision to homeschool her, had to do with the teacher's attitudes towards her struggle to complete work on time and to the CC standards. I was having to teach her most subjects at home during her homework time. Therefore, she was in school from 7:40-2:30 and then doing homework from about 4-7 on most nights. This just seemed absurd to me. At the end of the 2013-2014 school year I transferred her to the homeschool environment and she has flourished since.

Its not all that easy coming up with curriculum that will benefit her and keep her intrigued. She has many likes and even more dislikes, but so far I feel we are covering quite a bit of ground. Later I will go over which curriculum we have chosen.






1 comment:

  1. We are homeschooling for the first time this year, too. My son's in third grade. We've really been enjoying homeschooling most days and have learned a great deal so far. We finish our first quarter this month, since we started over the summer.

    ReplyDelete